Senior Localization Program Manager
Company: eBay Inc.
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: November 20, 2020
eBay is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader with a strong
localization program and project operations background. We are
looking for a leader that can support key programs whilst
developing a team of professionals within eBay's localization
You will lead and coordinate a portfolio of work sponsored by the
business and help to ensure positive relationships, input to
solutions, execution, and results to meet business objectives. You
will also focus on continuously developing the capabilities of the
localization program management team.
To be successful in this role, you will need an outstanding blend
of skills including leadership, influence, business insight,
communications, facilitation, leadership presence, tactical ability
and project management skills. We seek people with drive, ideas,
and a passion for helping shape the future of eBaydoes this sound
like you? If so, wed love to talk to you!Job Functions:
- Engage and build relationships with cross-functional teams
(Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc.) to launch successful
localized products and features.
- Partner with vendors to make sure that the right resources are
in place and all deliveries are completed at the expected
- Guide product teams to ensure localization standard
methodologies are followed to minimize downstream issues and
decrease cost and time-to-market for the localized versions.
- Effectively lead, develop, mentor and inspire a team of
professional program and project managers.
- Be responsible for the successful and timely execution of any
localization components in all of the corporate initiatives.
- Monitor individual, team and portfolio performance and
implement improvements to improve efficiency and effectiveness of
both performance and service.
- Develop effective plans to meet both short and long-term
- 10+ years professional related work experience and hands-on
localization program management experience desired.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a large, cross-functional
- Detailed understanding of translation technologies: translation
memories, translation management systems, machine translation,
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT
tools such as SDL Trados Studio, Idiom WorldServer, XTM
International, or any similar in-house localization tools and
platform that manages and/or automates the translation
- Communication skills, experience to work effectively across
time zones and cultures
- Outstanding collaboration and partnership capabilities are
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing efficient and effective
solutions to diverse and sophisticated business problems.
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is
meaningful and urgent, and delegating effectively to meet goals and
achieve desired results.
- Experience with senior leadership and ability to deliver
executive-level summary updates, reports and presentations.
- Previous experience working in the ecommerce industry is a
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills.
Location & Travel:The position is based in San Jose, California.
Travel requirements will vary (mainly San Jose). Expect 10 - 15%
travel.Benefits:Benefits are an essential part of your total
compensation for the work you do every day. Whether youre single,
in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety
of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your
needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and
plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years
ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your
working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by
connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives,
and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isnt just
something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do
each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee,
you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel
safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your
unique self to work. To learn about eBays Diversity & Inclusion
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally
protected status. If you are unable to submit an application
because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability,
please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to
respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: eBay Inc., Castro Valley , Senior Localization Program Manager, Executive , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!