Director of Staff Development
Company: Baywood Court
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Baywood Court is committed to seniors so they may live in
health, happiness and dignity.Here is your opportunity to work for
a 5-star, newly renovated and VIBRANT Community! We are looking for
an educator who embraces as much as we do, the power of learning
and growing. Be a part of a team that has committed to providing
the best care to our residents. If education and teaching are
important to you, we encourage you to apply!We are a 24/7 facility
therefore one must be able to work weekends and holidays as
required.All applicants are required to complete and pass a drug
screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, Covid-19
screening (this is a weekly requirement if hired) and criminal
clearance through FBI and Department of Justice. The background
search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs. Must be fully
vaccinated per Department of Public Health or provide a religious
or medical exemption; and will be subject to testing twice weekly
if not vaccinated.The Director of Staff Development assists the
Administrator and the Director of Nursing in a manner that supports
and enhances the goals of the nursing department, including
maintaining staffing levels in accordance with standards, ensuring
programs, policies, care plans and medical regimens are followed.
The Director of Staff Development is also responsible for the
development and implementation of the orientation programs and the
on-going educational programs for nursing staff.ESSENTIAL
- Plan, conduct, and evaluate organized orientation and training
programs for all newly hired employees which are scheduled on a
- Plan the annual and monthly training program calendar in
collaboration with other facility management team members.
- Maintain an appropriate training records and program materials
as required by federal and state regulations.
- Provide specific orientation to health center nursing staff
including completion of the clinical skill check-list.
- Supervise the Certified Nursing Assistants and responsible for
recruiting, hiring, evaluating and disciplinary action.
- Develop, maintain and upgrade the standards for policies and
procedures for training and development.
- Schedule employee annual Physical and Tuberculosis screening
and maintain records.
- Monitor/coordinate flu and Covid-19 vaccination program for
- Serve as the Infection Control Coordinator of the facility.
Conducts Infection control studies and reports for a quarterly
- Verify licensure and CPR of licensed nurses and certified
nursing assistants and ensures that these licenses and CPR
certifications are current during employment in the facility.
- Assume a proactive role in resolving resident issues and
concerns related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Serves on the different committees of the Health Center.
- Generate and review monthly QI data, as well as complete audits
in the Quarterly QI reports as requested.Required skills and
- LVN or RN currently licensed in California
- Current CPR certification
- Geriatric/rehabilitative with a good understanding of
- Knowledge of Title 22 and OBRA regulations
- Infection Preventionist Certification preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, be exact in
performance and work well without direct supervision
- Ability to read, write, and speak English, using proper speech
and grammar What Can Baywood Court Offer You?
- Competitive Pay
- Generous PTO package (accrue up to 20 days within first year)
for FT employees and medical, dental, vision, life insurance plans
for Full Time employees
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match - 4%!
- Scholarships available for students currently in college or a
certified trade school
- Company functions - Summer Outings, BBQs, Holiday Party,
Monthly All Staff Meetings, Halloween Costume Contest, etc.
- Sense of fulfillment and opportunity to form meaningful
relationships with the elderly
- Life/work balance
- Professional development opportunitiesPlease visit our career
page:http://www.baywoodcourt.org/careers/Baywood Court is an equal
Keywords: Baywood Court, Castro Valley , Director of Staff Development, Executive , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!