Hospice RN Case Manager
Company: Anchor Health
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Are you looking for a work place where you can make a genuine
Company Culture that feels supportive, genuine and appreciative of
Anchor Health is committed to the communities of which we serve,
the patients and families we have the honor of caring for and the
EMPLOYEES who have chosen us as their work family.
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs hospice care
services specific to each patient/family which includes instruction
and evaluation in the home. The professional nurse is accountable
to the Director of Patient Care Services for implementing the
patient plan of care and communicating each patient needs to the
Interdisciplinary team. The professional nurse is also responsible
for communication and collaboration with community physicians as
well as family members regarding individual patient care. -Anchor
Health offers competitive salaries, great benefits and a
compassionate work environment.
1. The Hospice Team Nurse provides professional nursing care to
patients by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
2. . Assesses and evaluates patient's status
3. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change.
4. Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the
patient and the family in the planning process.
Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and
assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned
1. The Hospice Team Nurse completes, maintains and submits accurate
and relevant clinical notes regarding patient's condition and care
given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives
physicians' orders as required.
3. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate
the care plan.
1. Graduate of a National League of Nursing accredited school of
2. Current licensure in State of CA and CPR certification.
3. Registered nurses shall have a minimum of one (1) year of
experience as a professional nurse within the last three (3) years;
-OR -have a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program
accredited by the National League of Nursing and a current RN
Minimum of two (2) years' experience, at least one of which is in
the area of public health, home care, or hospice nursing is
4. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising
5. Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per
6. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift,
position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and
equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or
7. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good
Keywords: Anchor Health, Castro Valley , Hospice RN Case Manager, Executive , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!