Company: Epic Care
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Epic Care began as a single physician practice in San Leandro,
CA, and quickly grew to a group of board-certified hematologists
and oncologists. Since that time, the practice has remained an
independent, physician-led group and has grown into a dynamic,
multi-specialty organization of more than 55 physicians located
throughout the Bay Area. Epic Care's mission is to deliver
high-quality, personalized, value-driven care for our patients and
their families. We recognize that increased access to care is
essential to a high-quality patient experience. Plus, we achieve
that goal with multiple locations and service options under one
roof. Join our team as we innovate both in clinical and practice
operations!ResponsibilitiesResponsible for the delivery of care to
infusion patients under the supervision of physicians utilizing the
nursing process of assessment, planning intervention,
implementation and evaluation; effectively interacts with patient,
significant others and other health team members while maintaining
standards of professional nursing.
- Direct/Indirect patient care providing chemotherapy treatment
and miscellaneous treatments.
- Complete physical assessment of patients in the office and/or
by phone triage.
- Utilize electronic medical record for documentation of all
direct and in-direct patient care on appropriate nursing charting
- Schedule chemotherapy treatments/ appointments.
- Help monitor patient compliance with therapy and continuity of
- Maintain site's infusion center safety and compliance.
- Acts as patient advocate for psychosocial needs.
- Understand both lab and pharmacy operations in order to provide
assistance with on-site processing and infusion mixing.
- Other responsibilities, as determined by Assistant Nurse
Manager and/or Nurse Manager.Requirements
- 4 year BSN preferred
- 2 year ADN required
- Oncology Certified preferred
- BLS / CPR Certified required
- CA Registered Nurse License (active) required
- ONS Chemotherapy & Biotherapy Certification requiredBenefits
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance for Full & Part Time
- FSA, HSA, Transit and Dependent Care Pre-Tax Programs
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- LTD & Self and Dependent Life Insurance Programs
- 401k Retirement & Matching Plan
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Reimbursement Program
- BLS/CPR Training for Eligible Positions
- Employee Recognition Program
- Remote Work Opportunities for Eligible Positions
- No Evenings, Weekends, or On-Call Hours
- And Much More!It is the policy of Epic Care to afford equal
opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, family status (including pregnancy), marital
status, military status, sensory, physical, or mental disability,
genetic information, or any other factor protected by local, state
or federal law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on
any of these factors. Epic Care is an Alcohol and Drug-Free
workplace.Learn more about Epic Care
https://epic-care.com/careerOur mission is safe patient care; we
require all our employees to be vaccinated as such vaccinations are
available and subject to the narrow exceptions provided by
Keywords: Epic Care, Castro Valley , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!