Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the
direction of the Physician and/or Designee.Essential
- Interviews patients and measure vital signs and other pertinent
information as required by department. Records information in
patients medical record. Prepares treatment rooms and patients for
examination. Assists clinician with care of the patient.
Inventories, orders and replenishes medical supplies and materials.
Gives treatments and performs routine laboratory tests as required
- Schedules appointments, performs clinical tasks and completes
appropriate forms as required by department. May be responsible for
administering medications, including injections. May be responsible
for cleaning, processing, sterilizing and checking instruments.
Performs computer data entry functions. Performs clinical/technical
skills specific to the department. Performs other related duties as
necessary. Customer Service: Practices customer service standards
as defined by the Medical Center and specified department.
- Anticipates the customers needs, takes proactive steps to meet
those needs, by listening and taking responsibility within scope to
ensure issues are resolved. Promptly responds to alarms and patient
requests. Facilitates the customers ability to utilize resources.
-Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment. Team
Commitment: Is an effective team member who is flexible,
cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Manages difficult or conflict situations constructively and
seeks appropriate assistance. Takes accountability for own actions.
Acts as a resource and mentor to new employees, students, and other
team members. Actively participates in departmental professional
development activities. Adheres to Attendance Policy. Supports a
collaborative labor-management partnership environment.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory
responsibilities. -Grade: 180Basic Qualifications: -Experience
- Minimum six (6) months of experience or successful completion
of Kaiser Permanente externship.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived. -Education
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Completion of a course of study consistent with the
requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical
Board of California. -License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support -Additional Requirements:
- Medical Terminology Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend medical
- Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate
collective bargaining agreement.
- Demonstrated ability to use personal computer. -Preferred
- N/AJob Schedule: Job Category: Clinical Support, Medical
Keywords: Kaiser, Castro Valley , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!