Site Director Home Health Hospice
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Serves as the Director of Patient Care Services in a home
health/hospice agency setting. Manages daily operations of the
24-hour Home Health/Hospice agencies providing patient care
services. Ensures staff provide high quality, accessible, cost
effective, and patient focused services to members across the
continuum, and ensures compliance with local, state, and federal
regulations. Develops and maintains clinical standards of care and
practice; responsible for all resource budgeting, selection and
development. Monitors quality of services/care, utilization
standards; and monitors outside contracts.
- Manages the 24/7 home health/ hospice agency, providing patient
- Ensures assistants and staff provide the highest quality of
care and are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, The Joint
Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and
procedures, which support the organization's goals and business
objectives and ensures they are met.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service
standards to meet members and internal client expectations.Oversees
and develops standards of care and standards of practice, directs
fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department
safety, and risk management issues. Determines the appropriate
staff mix for department and develops processes to screen,
interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all
- Monitors allocation and utilization of staff. Monitors quality
of service and utilization standards and assumes specific
responsibility for patient care.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff
- Resource to staff as clinical expert.
- Schedules and assigns staff, registry staff, and volunteers for
home health and/or hospice visits.
- Ensures coordinated plans of treatment and cost effective
utilization of services.
- Develops and monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human
and material resources.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements
strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of
- Ensures patient receive quality care by reviewing
documentation, making visits with staff, reviewing care plans,
conducting/participating in multidisciplinary team conferences, and
reviewing patient satisfaction reports.
- Assists in developing, implementing, and maintain the
departments quality assurance and utilization management
- Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns
regarding patient care.
- Performs needs assessments and arranges for outside contractual
services for teams.
- Serves as a resource for contract services, monitors their
quality of service, their compliance with care plan, and
- Works with outside providers to achieve optimal patient care
across the continuum.
- Works with health care providers outside of unit to coordinate
interdisciplinary approach to providing continuity of care,
including utilization management.
- Researches, identifies and implements best practice models of
- Oversees data analysis.
- Provides clinical and regulatory expertise in the review of
denial supporting documentation and notification.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience required.
- Minimum three (3) years of HHH experience in the last 10 years
as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum three (3) years nursing supervisory/management
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or health care related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must have a current RN license in California
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and
other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of federal, state and accreditation standards
applicable to Home Health/Hospice required.
- Knowledge of governmental and other regulator standards,
requirements, and guidelines related to quality
- Strong working knowledge of ongoing monitoring techniques
(including criteria development and statistical analysis); care
delivery in home care; total quality management principles, tools
- Effective communication, negotiation and leadership
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Castro Valley , Site Director Home Health Hospice, Healthcare , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...