Company: Blackstone Consulting, Inc
Location: Castro valley
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Blackstone Consulting, Inc is seeking a Jr. Cook to join their team
onsite at Camp Parks (in Dublin, California). We offer competitive
rates, Vacation, Holiday, and Pension options.
Pay Rate: $18.28
- Certificate in food handling/sanitation methods, or ServSafe
- Good customer service skills.
- Must have solid worth ethics.
- Punctual attendance.
- Demonstrated history of related Food Service experience
preferably with a major institution or the military as a Cook.
Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the
position. Focuses primarily on own area of specialty. Good working
knowledge of food preparation. Requires familiarity of kitchen
equipment, including but not limited to, knife, forks, measuring
utensils, pots, pans, etc. Typically requires limited cooking
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short preparation
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food
required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to
- Typically, performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food
items to be served to customers.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing,
seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats,
vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to
measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and
shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat,
poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements,
checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan
production requirements and requisition supplies and
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items,
receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and
prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must
follow all BCI, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Comply with policies and procedures, works well with others,
punctual attendance, good customer service.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Stands and moves within the kitchen area for 6 to 7 hours
(excluding break and lunch periods).
- Some bending and stooping.
Keywords: Blackstone Consulting, Inc, Castro Valley , Cook Jr, Other , Castro valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!