DISH MACHINE OPERATOR - Shari's of Castro Valley
Company: Shari's Restaurant
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Dish Machine Operator
Reports To: Manager or Shift Leader on
Position Summary: A dish machine operator
contributes to the success of Sharis by executing tasks required to
sort and rack dishes, operate the dish machine and maintain a stock
of clean dish and service ware in all needed locations.
Ensure that restrooms, floors, outside, kitchen and dish machine
areas are clean and well organized.
Essential Functions: To
perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential function satisfactorily. The duties and
responsibilities listed below are of those that must be met to
successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform an
- Pick up litter and debris from the parking lot area and the
perimeter of the restaurant.
- Clean and stock restrooms thoroughly at the beginning of the
shift and then maintain hourly.
- Operation and maintenance of the dish machine to include
checking and changing chemicals using proper safety precautions and
cleanliness of the machine inside and out.
- Remove all full flatware and bus tubs to the kitchen for
washing then replacing the full tubs with clean, empty tubs.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans using the dish
machine or by hand as applicable.
- Replace clean dishware in the appropriate area for use quickly
- Sweep and mop floor areas in the kitchen, dining room and
- Empty full garbage containers into the dumpster throughout the
- Restock pop machine as needed.
- Clean up any spills or broken glass immediately following
- Take grease filters down, wash thoroughly and re-position under
- Put away food deliveries checking for quality and maintaining
proper product rotation in a timely manner.
- Work effectively with managers, servers, cooks and fellow dish
- Handle complaints in a professional manner. Work with the
manager to resolve guest complaints.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including proper hygiene
and report to work as scheduled, in uniform and ready to take over
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as
requested by the manager at any time.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Meet productivity standards and complete work using time
- Language Ability Ability to comprehend simple
instructions and to interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Math Ability Ability to add and subtract two-digit
numbers using units of US weight measurement.
- Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or
oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several
variables in situations.
- Communication Speak clearly and persuasively in both
positive and negative situations. Speak effectively with
guests, coworkers and management. Approach others in a
- Permits Ability to obtain and maintain a state
applicable food handlers card.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is
frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While preforming the duties of this position, the team member is
required to stand or walk for 2 hours at a time up to 4-8
hours. Team member will be able to sit approximately every 2
hours. Team member will continuously be performing hand and
wrist work including grasping, and bending and twisting. Team
member will frequently push and pull and reach above the
shoulder. Team member will occasionally kneel or squat.
This position will seldom require fine hand manipulation or
climb/stairs. Team member will continuously lift or carry 0-5
pounds, frequently lift or carry 6-10 pounds, occasionally lift or
carry 11-40 pounds and rarely lift over 41-50
Keywords: Shari's Restaurant, Castro Valley , DISH MACHINE OPERATOR - Shari's of Castro Valley, Other , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!