Sr. Technical Project Manager, Chassis Mechanical
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are looking for an automotive Senior Technical Project
Manager – Chassis Mechanical to guide development of world-leading
steering, suspension, braking and wheel/tire systems from concept
Our ideal candidate can demonstrate in-depth knowledge of
Chassis hardware components and has a comprehensive understanding
of relevant technology and the related development cycles of each.
They are skilled at proactive communication so that each individual
team member remains aware of the timing and delivery expectations
of the programs. They are comfortable managing internal engineering
development, supplier activities, controlled engineering changes,
and cost, quality and warranty improvement. They appropriately
identify, summarize, and escalate critical issues to the attention
of senior management in a timely manner. Lastly, our ideal
candidate exhibits a can-do attitude, approaches their work with
vigor and determination, has the ability to learn quickly, can work
effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and is
adept at multi-tasking.
- In this role you will be embedded within the Hardware
Engineering group of the Chassis Team and work cross-functionally
with a team of engineers, program managers, and senior management
in support of vehicle development, vehicle builds, and program /
system / component timelines using the Lucid Vehicle Development
Process (LVDP) to ensure readiness for production. You will
identify, prioritize, visualize, and communicate issues, and work
with the affected stakeholders to solve those issues urgently and
- Develop and maintain a Technology Rollout Plan for Chassis
Mechanical components to improve production quality, capacity, and
- Facilitate product-. functional-, and technical safety
requirement / test case documentation, as well as architecture
- Set priorities for technical development based on a strategic
assessment of risks versus rewards
- Understand and advise on all aspects of ongoing technical
development, including design, analysis, and manufacturing of
composite, metal, and thermoplastic parts
- Develop, implement, and track standard processes to ensure
design quality for Chassis Mechanical components and
- Use tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Microsoft Office to
communicate Chassis Mechanical development status and assure
Chassis part quality meets requirements
- Define and communicate dependencies between hardware, software,
and suppliers with a focus on minimizing these dependencies.
- Assist with managing the department budget for all
- Work with resource managers and technical leads to define the
level of effort, resource requirements and development lead-time
for future program timing plans.
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Finance teams to track and
manage Piece Cost, Tooling Investment, and ED&D imperatives for
the Chassis Hardware functional area for each vehicle program in
- Assist with Value Analysis / Value Engineering activities to
improve profitability on production programs.
- Collect and maintain Chassis Mechanical component,
sub-assembly, manufacturing, and testing timelines
- Align Chassis Mechanical deliverables & timelines with program
deliverables and timelines
- Create and manage clear and concise Open Issues lists with due
dates and deliverables, to lead the Chassis Hardware team in
effective risk management techniques and to ensure timing
commitments are met.
- Establish and maintain team awareness of vehicle activity and
Chassis Mechanical deliverables in the LVDP framework
- Represent the Chassis Mechanical team in program timing and
status meetings and facilitate cross-functional
- Communicate program status to overall organization, other
program managers and executives as required
- Track milestones, goals, issues, and progress towards each,
removing roadblocks as they arise
- At least 7 years of experience in vehicle engineering and/or
manufacturing (meaningful experience in introducing luxury and/or
electric vehicles into production is preferred)
- At least 2 years of experience in program management (PMP is
preferred) including cost/quality/timing/risk analysis
- A consistent record of engineering design, project management,
and cost reduction
- Knowledge of suspension architectures and vehicle dynamics
- Ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced
- Ability to foster great relationships in a diverse and
- Ability to learn very quickly with an aptitude for technical
- Ability to move easily between strategic and practical
perspectives, and to discern between higher and lower
- Ability to travel as needed
- 10+ years of automotive (or relevant) engineering
- Experience with and/or good knowledge of analysis tools (e.g.,
ANSYS, OptiStruct, MatLab, ADAMS, SHARK)
- Experience with and/or good knowledge of component
manufacturing processes (Extrusions, Castings, Stampings,
- Experience with and/or good knowledge of vehicle assembly plant
processes and practices
- One or more of the following: Noise/Vibration/Harshness
knowledge, vehicle attribute development, DVP/DFMEA/PFMEA
- A creative problem-solving mindset combined with business
acumen to aid teams in obtaining ideas as well as leading
development and execution.
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng in a related Engineering discipline
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Castro Valley , Sr. Technical Project Manager, Chassis Mechanical, Other , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!