Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking an EMI/EMC Engineer. This position
requires a talented engineer with passion and experience to solve
electromagnetic compatibility issues in a cross functional manner.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their
work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to
demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the
ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a
- Lead a strategy for EMI/EMC in Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs)
in order to ensure the vehicle passes EMI/EMC regulations and
standards in stipulated regions.
- Develop EMI modeling methods to assess and improve the designs
of power electronics and HV shielded cables.
- Develop simulation and testing methods to reduce conducted and
- Perform testing on power electronics devices and vehicles to
measure common mode currents and current ripples.
- Propose EMI attenuation through filter mounting, orientation of
chokes and selection of capacitors.
- Provide EMC board layout recommendations for power electronics
- Develop simulation and testing procedures for bearing currents
in traction electric motors.
- Develop grounding requirements for HV modules.
- Evaluate the implications of EMI issues on the infotainment and
- Validate simulation models against measured data.
- Deep understanding of the physics and fundamental of low
frequency and high frequency of electromagnetics.
- A proven track record of technical excellence in EMI/EMC and
- Understanding of EMI/EMC regulations and international
standards as well as other specific standards set by OEMs.
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products
as an integral part of a capable team.
- A flair for creative engineering and problem solving.
- Experience of resolving issues through appropriate analysis and
- Strong experience in simulation workflows with varying
availability of documentation.
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and
- BS (and preferably MS or PhD) in an electrical
engineering discipline or a related field
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Additional fields of experience (onboard charger, cables,
electric motors, inverters, battery).
- Experience in battery electric vehicles.
- Experience with shielding and power electronics.
- Experience of optimization methods and software.
- Experience of the use of the ANSYS EM tool suite.
- Experience of CAD.
- Experience with MATLAB and Python.
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.