Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Battery Cell Development Engineer
with practical experience in EV batteries and passion to advance
battery cell technology. This position requires strong scientific
background in electrochemistry, cell materials, or cell mechanical
structure. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and
approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will
be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields,
and possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for
perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in batteries
- Lead and support co-development of lithium-ion cell
- Work internally and with external cell suppliers to advance
battery cell chemistry, materials, and cell structure for superior
- Innovate and drive lithium-ion battery materials development
and characterization including cathode, anode, separator, and
- Conduct applied research in the field of batteries with focus
on lithium-ion batteries
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of different
lithium-ion batteries and communicate across diverse internal
- Investigate and report the trends of energy storages devices
and batteries in particular
- Contribute to shaping the battery cell strategy for Lucid
- Work with a multi-disciplinary battery team and play a direct
leading role in designing and running experiments as well as
- Deep understanding of the physics and fundamentals of
- Excellent problem solving and experimental design approach,
driven by curiosity and attention to detail
- Experience in battery cell development – product development in
a relevant field is a plus
- Experience working with external parties to drive battery
material development, cell design optimization, and cell
- Comfortable with ambiguity – can quickly determine high-value
work in a rapidly evolving environment and execute plans to push
- A strong desire to drive adoption of next generation technology
and create the very best product
- Experience innovating on new and existing technologies by
choosing appropriate tools and testing, analyzing and interpreting
data, and using sound scientific judgement
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and
non-technical environments – experience communicating with external
parties and building strong new relationships is a plus
- At least a B.S. in engineering or science and at least 5 years
of industry experience (fewer for candidates with advanced
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.