Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
The successful candidate will lead the design, development and
implementation of the fusing and disconnect strategies within the
vehicle high voltage battery pack. They will be responsible for
working collaboratively with the supply base as well as internal
members of the HV team and larger company to deliver the physical
components in a time- and cost-sensitive manner with safety being
the first and foremost priority.
- Own high voltage disconnect strategy at Lucid
- Lead system design and component specification from concept
- Design with excellence and great attention to every detail
- Drive communication between Lucid and external Suppliers
- Direct associated component and system validation testing for
- Manage multiple complex challenges within a fast-paced
- Background in High Voltage Battery systems with experience
designing fusing and disconnect strategies
- Excellent 3D CAD skills in at least one professional CAD
- Competent knowledge of electrical theory
- A desire to work hard and push boundaries
- A proven track record of technical excellence in protection and
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of circuit protection
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products
as an integral part of a very capable team
- Intimately familiar with various global automotive standards
and best practices
- Seven or more years of experience
designing HV Battery systems
- Competency in?Catia?(V5 or V6)
- Knowledge of vehicle crash safety principles
- BSc in Physics, Mechanical, Electrical or
- Master's/PhD Preferred
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.