Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are seeking a Engineer, HV Battery Systems. This position
requires an experienced professional with a strong understanding of
battery systems, battery cooling, and the integration of such a
system within a vehicle. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do
attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and
determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellent
in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn
quickly, and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced
- Perform detailed studies to inform the design of various
- Work with a simulation team to analyze and predict battery
electrical and thermal performance at the cell, module, and pack
- Produce documentation for all exploratory work, analysis, and
- Design and document experiments to validate battery systems and
- BSME /BSEE
- Comfort taking initiative and ownership of large-scope
- Fundamental knowledge of lithium ion cells, battery packs, and
their behavior over their lifetime
- Understanding of the various subsystems in a high voltage
battery system including the high voltage chain, battery management
system and cooling system
- Experience developing and bringing new technologies to
- Experience building, modeling, or analyzing lithium ion battery
- Understand the role of a battery pack in an EV and the stresses
imposed on it
- Strong mechanical background in statics, vibrations, material
- A solid understanding of electrical basics and first
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management systems, CAD
Great to have
- 2+ years of battery system design and a track record of
- MSME / MSEE
- Experience with battery pack and module testing
- Experience with data science and programming
- Experience with 3DX/CATIA, MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, and
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.