Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Camera Perception - Deep Learning
Optimization Engineer for our ADAS/Autonomous Driving team. This
position requires an experienced professional with strong
programming skills and solid knowledge of state-of-the-art tools to
optimize deep learning models for efficient inference.
As a member of the Lucid Motors Camera Perception team, you
will work closely with engineers from various AD teams (e.g. Camera
Perception, Embedded) to understand the AD hardware and scope out
optimization opportunities for Deep Learning models that are
specific to the target hardware and its constraints. Understanding
the architectures of perception models, designing and implementing
deep learning optimization routines for fast and efficient
inference and conducting experiments on internal benchmarks are a
few things within which you might be involved in the Camera
Perception team at Lucid Motors. In addition, you will play a
pivotal role in setting the requirements and informing the
architecture for the AD target platform.
- Work in a world-class ADAS/Autonomous Driving team and
comfortable with production environment
- Define and lead the team’s technical roadmap for DL model
optimization for current and future AD target hardware
- Research, investigate and prototype model optimization
techniques such as model quantization, compression or pruning to
name a few
- Develop and implement customized optimizations on custom models
leveraging internal datasets and benchmarks
- Develop framework to seamlessly incorporate optimizations into
existing model training pipelines as well as into post-training
- Comfortable with reading, debugging and modifying large
codebases in particular for deep learning models
- Optimization of preprocessing/postprocessing code to run
efficiently on target device and leveraging CUDA kernels to
minimize latency and runtimes
- Strong experience with Python and C++ programming languages
with an emphasis on good software engineering practices.
- Experience with TensorRT as well as ML frameworks like Pytorch,
TensorFlow, MXNet, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and have a ‘do not leave any
stone unturned’ attitude for root-causing issues and problems
- You take pride in your excellent communication skills
- Passionate about technology and being on the cutting edge
- Experience writing CUDA kernels and TensorRT plugins
- Excellent C/C++ programming especially as it pertained to
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and regulations
(ASPICE, ISO 26262)
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or
other related fields
- At least 3 years of work experience or a Ph.D. in a related
field for a senior position
- Advanced degrees preferred
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.