Manager, ADAS/AD Validation Test Engineering
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
The ADAS team is currently seeking a Manager to be responsible
for the ADAS/AD validation test engineering team This position
requires an experienced professional with a track record of
successfully bringing new automotive ADAS and AD features into
- Manage the ADAS/AD validation test engineering team
- Contribute to the ADAS/AD validation/system integration
strategic planning and feature rollout
- Coordinate feature development and validation processes with
ADAS/AD Feature Owner and Systems Engineering teams
- Drive the development of test plans ensuring complete coverage
and traceability of feature/system requirements
- Develop strategic plans for test benches/bucks and HIL systems
to facilitate integration and feature test prior to vehicle fleet
- Drive the vehicle software release integration and
regression/delta testing process for ADAS/AD features in
conjunction with the Software System Integration team.
- Coordinate and lead the allocation and planning of vehicle
fleet resources, maintain and report status of fleet usage and
overall test plan execution
- Ensure documentation of test results and reports for all
ADAS/AD feature releases
- Work closely with Tier 1 suppliers and internal teams to find
and implement innovative solutions for feature validation
- Facilitate and align related cross-functional technical teams
such as HMI, functional safety, powertrain, infotainment,
cybersecurity, homologation, and ADAS/AD development teams on
system level validation and development activities.
- Contribute to the timely delivery of fully validated,
high-quality customer features
- Employ and develop world class tools and processes for
architecture, requirements, test plans and results and ALM to work
in a highly interactive and collaborative environment
- 3 years of managing experience or 10 years validation
engineering experience in the automotive field
- Proven track record of bringing ADAS/AD features into
- Demonstrated experience in vehicle and bench test engineering
and associated tools such as CANoe/CANape, ground truth data
acquisition systems, braking/steering robots, etc.
- Profound knowledge of ADAS and/or Autonomous Driving systems
and demonstrated track record of technical excellence. Broad
understanding of various ADAS/AD systems and the interactions
between mechanical, electrical and software components within the
- Strong knowledge of vehicle communication networks, software
release processes and validation testing methodologies
- Experience coordinating validation/integration test activities
with automotive Tier 1 suppliers/partners
- Previous managing experience in validation test
- Experience in component and system integration, testing and
verification on system and vehicle level
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards including ISO 26262,
Euro NCAP, FMVSS and other regulations, industry benchmarks and
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Great to Have:
- Previous experience with ADAS validation test engineering at a
Tier 1 or OEM
- Experience with requirements management tools and processes
including assurance of test plan traceability
- Educational Requirements
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
Robotics, or other related fields
- Higher degrees preferred
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Castro Valley , Manager, ADAS/AD Validation Test Engineering, Other , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!