Sensor Fusion Algorithm Engineer
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Sensor Fusion Algorithm Engineer
for our ADAS/Autonomous Driving team. This position requires an
experienced professional with strong programming skills and solid
knowledge of state-of-the-art perception algorithms.
- Work in a world-class ADAS/Autonomous Driving team
- Develop 2D/3D object and lane tracking/fusion, occupancy
grid/freespace fusion, trajectory prediction algorithms for
Lv.2/3/4 Autonomous Driving, combining all information from
external sensors such as camera, LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and
- Implement high-quality automotive grade software code compliant
to automotive quality and safety standards
- Design, implement, test, and maintain system tools for product
development and product verification
- Work closely with other teams to ensure a seamless and robust
- Test, release, and launch the sensor fusion, trajectory
prediction algorithm into the Lucid production programs
- Support the production validation and verification of the
sensor fusion and trajectory prediction algorithm using prototype
vehicles, pre-production vehicles
- BS, MS. or Ph.D. in the areas of Computer Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering or other related fields
- 3+ years of experience of developing multi-sensor fusion system
for AD/ADAS, familiar with Camera/Radar/Lidar object and lane
detection/tracking, occupancy grid fusion, freespace fusion,
- Background of state estimation theory, e.g., linear/nonlinear
- Understanding of data association algorithm and tracking
algorithm using Bayesian filters (KF, EKF, etc.)
- Advanced programming skills in C/C++ and some scripting
language (e.g. Python)
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, especially in
statistics, estimation and optimization
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of ROS, DDS or other middleware systems
- Advanced knowledge in general software engineering (code
design, patterns, source code versioning tools such as git)
- Experience with real-time programming of embedded platforms and
their operating systems
- Track record in deploying prediction models into real world
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Castro Valley , Sensor Fusion Algorithm Engineer, Other , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!