Sr. Engineer - Motion Planning and Controls, Autonomous Driving
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
As the successful candidate, you will join a world-class
Autonomous Driving/ADAS team. Candidates should be excellent
engineers and organizers that have demonstrated the ability to
learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly
changing environment. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do
attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and
- Design, prototype, engineer, test, release and launch cutting
edge Motion Planning and Control features for ADAS/Autonomous
- Invent and create new technologies and solutions. Bring
revolutionary products to market
- Work closely with other teams to ensure a seamless and robust
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas related to
Motion Planning and Control for ADAS/Autonomous Driving: trajectory
planning, route planning, optimization-based planning, motion
- Expertise in classical and modern control design and
implementation, familiarity with different approaches such as LQR,
MPC, Adaptive, Robust and PID controllers, etc.
- Proven past experiences in complete production cycle of ADAS/AD
lateral and longitudinal controllers: model-based design, tuning,
SIL/HIL testing and vehicle deployment
- Excellent modeling skills (Matlab/Simulink or similar)
- Demonstrated experience as a visionary, yet detail oriented
- Knowledge of autonomous systems (ADAS/Autonomous Driving and/or
- Expertise in creating and managing complex embedded
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical
knowledge and creativity required to solve ADAS/Autonomous
- Excellent communication skills
- At least 5 years of work experience with MS degree or 3 years
with a Ph.D. in a related field
- Knowledge of ROS or other middleware systems
- Proficiency in additional programming languages (e.g. C++,
Python, Matlab, etc)
- Experience with AUTOSAR and bench testing
- Agile development tools and environments
- Experience working in a larger team
- Experience in static code analysis, component and system
integration, testing and verification on system and vehicle
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and regulations,
industry benchmark and customer requirements
- Experience in automotive supplier interaction, specification
development, release management, change management
- MS minimum in the areas of Automotive Engineering, Aerospace
Engineering, Mechanical Engineer or other related fields
- Advanced degrees preferred
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Castro Valley , Sr. Engineer - Motion Planning and Controls, Autonomous Driving, Other , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!