Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer – Vehicle
Charging. This position requires an experienced
professional who will be responsible for development and delivery
of one or more electronic control units (ECU). Our ideal candidate
exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with
vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate
excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to
learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced
- Outline controller requirements based on system performance
- Develop controls strategy, and define the supporting
- Develop dynamic models of the system, and tune controller
algorithms accordingly to optimize performance
- Translate algorithms into software implementation, and work
with the firmware team to integrate that into the firmware
- Test, validate, and troubleshoot controller
- Develop and utilize computer simulations (Matlab/Simulink, HiL,
- Do hands on testing the logic on high voltage
- Strong Embedded C experience to deliver high quality C code.
Multicore micro-controller programming skills. Experience in using
- Experienced with microcontroller peripherals: ADC, DAC, PWM,
- Be familiar with automotive communication protocols: CAN
- Working knowledge of vehicle charging system and charger
stations and standards, i.e. J1772 and ISO 15118.
- Experience with Model Based Design using Matlab and
- Power Electronics Knowledge is a plus. AC/DC, DC/DC Power
- AUTOSAR experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of product safety concepts
- Proficiency with Jama, Jira/Confluence
- Good organizational skills
- Bachelor/Master degree with at least 3 years experience, PhD in
electrical, computer or other appropriate engineering
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.