Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking a Test Engineer for Vehicle Controls.
This role brings together a diverse group of hardware teams to push
the boundaries of overall vehicle performance. Our ideal candidate
exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with
vigor and determination. Candidates should have a strong
understanding of vehicle dynamics, controls, and how vehicle
systems interact with one another. Candidates should be motivated
to learn and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, plan, and execute vehicle-level tests to develop and
validate torque controls.
- Work closely with engineers across a variety of departments
(controls, thermal, vehicle dynamics, NVH, drive unit, etc.) to
understand and improve system performance.
- Develop test specifications based on system-level requirements
and document as part of the controls system DVP (design
- Troubleshoot and resolve vehicle issues that arise during
- Extensive domestic and international travel to test sites and
- Excellent data analysis skills in MATLAB, Python, or
- Experience with automotive sensors and data acquisition tools.
Comfortable with wiring and troubleshooting automotive
instrumentation (Vector CANalyzer/CANape, Ipetronik, Dewesoft,
Somat, LINK, Racelogic, etc.)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills based in strong
- Working knowledge of electric powertrains.
- Experience with vehicle-level testing at proving grounds.
Driving experience preferred.
- Good understanding of vehicle dynamics and control theory.
- Detail oriented and organized approach to test
- BS degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant
- 2+ years relevant professional experience.
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.