Engineering Manager, Big Data and Analytics
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are looking for a Hands-on Big Data Engineering Manager who
is looking for a challenge, enjoys thinking big, and looking to
make their mark on an extremely fast-growing company. If building
large and building fast, working with a young and very talented
team of engineers, and collaborating with the brightest mind in the
Automotive industry is what you like, Lucid is the best to
- Hands-on architecture, design, and development of big data
systems, pipelines, and processing including ETLs, Analytics.
- Build and grow an amazing team of data engineers with a strong
culture of balancing excellence with moving fast.
- Lead and manage the team as a hands-on technical leader. Help
the team make key technical decisions, unblock the team, and guide
the team on execution.
- Set technical direction, roadmaps and guide evolution of our
- Utilize cutting edge distributed big data technologies such as
Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, Kafka, S3 Data Lake, Parquet, ORC,
Presto, Redshift, and Airflow
- Hands-on application development with Scala, Golang or
- Develop, communicate, and evangelize the long-term technical
vision and roadmap for data storage, ingestion, and retrieval in
collaboration with the technical leads
- Drive the technical and strategic vision for our data
integration infrastructure in order to meet current and future
needs for scale and interoperability
- Partner with data platform and product engineering teams to
design warehouse schemas, develop & maintain ETLs, and define data
architectures to ensure consistent, seamless tracking, and
measurement of key company and product metrics.
- Partner with other engineering leaders to evolve and improve
engineering culture in a high-paced growth environment.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 10+ years of hands-on industry experience working in data
engineering, business intelligence, or a related domain.
- 3+ years of software/Data engineering management experience
working with Big Data
- Deep knowledge of modern data/compute infrastructure and
frameworks, such as Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes, Spark,
Kafka, S3 Data Lake, Parquet, ORC, Presto, Redshift, and
- Batch Orchestration and management using tools such as Apache
- Experience Developing streaming, real-time and near real-time
data pipelines with tools such as Spark or Kafka.
- Working knowledge of Data Lake with Parquet and
- Proficient with standard data warehousings such as data
architecture, data modeling, storage, and query
- Ability to cultivate a strong sense of ownership, and build a
culture of accountability in your team
- Openness to new or different ideas and ability to evaluate
multiple approaches and choose the best one based on fundamental
qualities and supporting data
- Ability to communicate highly technical problems and solutions
at all levels from engineers to top leadership
- Proven track record of building high functioning teams, setting
technical vision, and delivering results in a collaborative,
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Castro Valley , Engineering Manager, Big Data and Analytics, Other , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!