Life Science Research Professional 2
Company: Stanford Medicine
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Department of Ophthalmology at Stanford University is
seeking a Life Science Research Professional 2 to perform more
complex functions and activities involved in defined research
projects, and independently conduct a portion of the research
project(s). Duties include:
- Perform lab experiments or help students working with animals.
Currently, experimental procedures include ocular surgery, in-vivo
imaging and electrophysiology in rodents.
- Oversee supply and equipment under minimal supervision of
- Work with health and safety department to ensure lab complies
with regulations and all the required trainings.
- Maintain and update animal protocols and keep track of the
- Train new staff and students on lab equipment and study
protocols, as needed. *- Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED): Bachelor's degree in related
scientific field and two years of relevant work experience; or
Master's degree in a related scientific field. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Comprehensive understanding of scientific principles.
- General computer skills, experience with databases and
scientific applications, and ability to quickly learn and master
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to work under deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to complete the
- Developing project management skills. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp
lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform
desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand, lift,
carry, push and pull objects weighing over 40 pounds.
- Occasionally sit, kneel, crawl, reach and work above shoulders,
sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely climb, scrub, sweep, mop, chop and mix or operate hand
and foot controls.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, reach above shoulder
level, and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Ability to lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty, and odorous
- Position may require repetitive motion. *- Consistent with its
obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable
accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires
accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May require working in close proximity to blood borne
- May require work in an environment where animals are used for
teaching and research.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be
in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are
- Employee must perform tasks that require the use of personal
protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective
clothing and gloves, and possibly a respirator.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research
requirements and business needs. WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu . Additional
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4952
- Employee Status: Regular
- Pay Grade: G
- Department URL: http://ophthalmology.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 91193 As an organization that receives federal
funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement
that will apply to all university employees, including those
working remotely in the United States and applicable
subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines
for Stanford University Staff, please visit
Keywords: Stanford Medicine, Castro Valley , Life Science Research Professional 2, Other , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!