Company: Doma Holdings Inc.
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: November 22, 2022
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're
the best at what you do, come work for Doma.
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate
industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer
experience? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate
model into the world.
Doma offers solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title
agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly simpler and more
efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Customer Obsessed - We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven - We solve problems that other people are
- People leaders - We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team - We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best
- Direct with Respect - We communicate with honesty and respect
to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Preparation of all documents associated with the processing and
closing of escrow, conveyance of title, recording of documents,
clearing of title requirements and issuance of title insurance.
Interviews escrow principals to obtain pertinent facts, directs the
preparation of escrow instructions, drawing of documents, issuance
of title policies and the disbursement of funds, and otherwise
assists escrow principals, their lenders and/or agents in the
consummation of escrows involving the financing or sale of single
family and small multi-family residences. Reconciles escrow
instructions with commitment and/or preliminary title report.
Develops and maintains business by the extensive application of
basic marketing and customer service techniques.
- Manages time, appointments, and schedule in an efficient
- Effectively communicates in person and on the telephone with
clients and customers. Answers customer questions and/or telephone
calls concerning status of pending items in the escrow files. Takes
proactive approach to providing status updates for Agents (i.e.,
closing status or information still required to close or title
requirements that need to be addressed.)
- Obtains demands/releases to clear title
- Draws instructions and supporting documents for signing
- Audits and closes file when all funds and documents are
- Reviews commitment and/or preliminary title report to verify
vesting and legal description. Compares exceptions shown in title
report with buyers', sellers', and lenders' instructions for
possible liens or encumbrances not authorized in escrow or lender
- Reconciles discrepancies between instructions and title report
with title officer and/or principals by modifying escrow
instructions or assisting principals in obtaining releases of liens
and other encumbrances
- Orders beneficiary statements or demands, fire insurance, loan
interest, rents and other prorated items
- Preparation of settlement statements showing detailed breakdown
of escrow, title, loan, brokers' commissions and other changes.
Requests the issuance of title policies or other evidence of
- Trains, supervises, guides, and assigns and reviews the work of
one or more escrow technicians, assistants, secretaries and/or
receptionists. Assists in training escrow officers
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary information and
- Understands and complies with escrow accounting procedures and
Good Funds Law
- Develops and maintain clientele by effective solicitation of
- Attends client and business development functions. Represents
company in public, customer and community relations activities.
Attends client luncheons, dinners, realty board meetings and
company tours, makes speeches and presents prepared educational
programs to client and other interested groups.
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results
driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title
and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal Escrow Officer:
- Two years of Escrow Officer Experience
- Basic terminology and documents related to title and
- Customer service techniques
- Organizational & Math Skills
- Business writing skills and basic English grammar and
- Capable of processing standard sale, subdivision, loan only,
exchange, and commercial escrows without assistance
- Identifying, obtaining, reading detail relevant to escrow
- Operating desktop computers and common software
- Being productive, efficient and meeting deadlines in a high
- Establishing and maintaining effective working
How we'll value you and make your life a bit easier:
We believe the most valuable investment we can make is to build an
outstanding team of colleagues and leaders who are passionate about
We currently offer the following benefits to all Full-Time
- Work/Life Balance - We encourage taking Paid Time Off
- 5-week Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
- 12 Weeks of Paid Family Bonding Leave (Maternity and
- Incredible medical, dental, and vision benefits options to
allow you to customize to you and your family's needs that all
start on your first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)---& Health Savings Account
- 401K with company match program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short-Term &---Long-Term---Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e.---Transit or
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Critical Illness, Injury and Hospital Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Doma Holdings Inc., Castro Valley , Escrow Officer, Other , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!