Plumbing Designer, II (experience in Revit ++)
Company: Southland Industries
Location: Castro Valley
Posted on: November 25, 2022
PEOPLE FIRST: BUILDING TALENT BY DESIGN
At Southland we aspire to build a workforce that's as diverse as
the people who occupy the buildings we design, build and maintain.
Building talent by design is our intentional approach to creating a
truly safe, collaborative, and inclusive work environment that
fosters growth, empowers professional achievement, and where people
are treated with respect at all levels.
If you're someone with a true passion for our industry, a life-long
learner, with high accountability and a drive for results we're
looking for you! At Southland, we hire problem solvers that are
focused on providing customer value through continuous improvement
and will take ownership to create the best experiences that will
have an impact wider than their own job. We thrive on creating a
strong company and culture where you'll feel engaged, challenged,
If you're ready for the next big step in your career and want a
career full of fun and excitement and to be a part of a fast-paced
growing company, then JOIN our team and become a part of an
organization that values PEOPLE , SAFETY, INNOVATION,
COLLABORATION, INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY & SUSTAINABILITY.
As a Plumbing Designer, II , you'll get to assist with and have
control over the design of plumbing systems You will effectively
design the building plumbing systems and actually be able to see
your designs come to life. Interact with the entire design team and
the project manager to understand the project scope of work,
project schedule, and project deliverable.
Top skills that will make you stand out:
* Must have 3-5 years of experience designing plumbing systems for
commercial ground-up construction projects. We are looking for
experiences going beyond the residential, hospitality, and or
tenement improvement (TI/special) projects.
* Cannot be "just" a draftsperson; meaning you need to have
demonstrated recent experience as a true designer - knows plumbing
code, can take an engineered design and be familiar with the local
ordinance and governing codes that dictate the necessary control
criteria for and can do the initial design using Revit
* Must have an expert level ( knowledge and usability scale of
1-10, you're a minimum of an 8) in Revit. There is a Revit skill
review as part of the interview process.
* Can clearly communicate in oral and written communications on
technical criteria What you'll do:
* Assist Principal and Senior Engineers in design tasks as
* Prepare preliminary (redline) design layouts.
* Perform deliverables and products such as calculations, drawings,
and specifications related to plumbing and piping systems.
* Perform calculations for a project, such as equipment selection,
and sizing, fixture calculations, product specifications, and
design and layout for roof drains, sanitary lines, and water
* Assist in coordinating all aspects of the project design with
project management, architects, and other trades through the
completion phase of a project.
* Perform and check CADD drafting work.
* Manage and execute all matters in the plumbing design and assume
ownership on projects as a Plumbing Design Engineer, II
* Strong design background and understanding of systems and
applications in buildings and facilities, including coordination
with other disciplines - mechanical, electrical, civil, structural,
* Proficiency in understanding building codes and standards.
* Strong client-facing/client relationship/client management
* Effective written and verbal communication skills, time
management are required.
What you'll need to be successful:
* Strong knowledge of plumbing system design to include types of
equipment utilized in the industry as well as general understanding
of water supply and wastewater system operations.
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management, including
project management and field trades.
* Ability to read mechanical and plumbing plans.
* Competent with general business writing.
What you bring to the table:
* Has competency in intermediate working computer skills to include
Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel and Outlook.)
* 5+ years of professional commercial plumbing design
* 3+ years of demonstrated working design experience in Revit,
Navisworks, and MechCADD, required
* Revit Design Skill level: Advanced
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits
package that includes excellent benefits for you and your
* 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (no cap) and immediate 100%
* Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance - 100% Paid for Employee
* Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
* Disability Income Protection Insurance
* Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
* Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
* Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for
professional associations and licenses
For more information on Southland Industries, please visit our
website: Southland Careers or on Facebook or LinkedIN or
To hear what our employees are saying about working at Southland
Industries, check out our Career Video - Working at Southland
Southland Industries and all its subsidiaries are an Equal
Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a
safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business
needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without
regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sex, national
origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital
status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status,
veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries
will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of
**All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug tests,
background check,s and professional reference checks. **
**We are not able to offer sponsorship of employment at this
If you don't feel this position is a match for you, we encourage
you to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your
social networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and
Instagram to keep up to date on what we're doing as a company.
Keywords: Southland Industries, Castro Valley , Plumbing Designer, II (experience in Revit ++), Professions , Castro Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!